There are several mailing lists available for PmWiki.
- [ pmwiki-users(approve sites) ]
- This is a great resource where a very helpful group of people will answer questions and discuss Pm Wiki development. As of 2016, traffic is around 20-40 messages a month.
If you ask a question on the list and it doesn't get answered, don't feel let down. Just ask it again. It probably slipped by unnoticed.
Archives are available from:
http://groups.google.com/group/pmwiki-users(approve sites) (searchable, but disconnected from main list in 2012.04)
http://firstname.lastname@example.org/info.html(approve sites) (searchable)
- [ pmwiki-users-de(approve sites) ]
- A mailing list for german-speaking users of Pm Wiki. Archived at
- [ pmwiki-users-es(approve sites) ]
- Lista de usuarios Pm Wiki en Español.
- [ pmwiki-users-fr(approve sites) ]
- A mailing list for french-speaking users of Pm Wiki.
- [ pmwiki-devel(approve sites) ]
- This list was created to lower the traffic on pmwiki-users, it focuses on discussions surrounding code development for Pm Wiki (both core and recipe development).
Archives are available from:
http://groups.google.com/group/pmwiki-devel(approve sites) (searchable)
http://email@example.com/info.html(approve sites) (searchable)
- [ pmwiki-announce(approve sites) ]
- Announcements of new version releases and urgent information, about 1-2 messages per month. If you use Pm Wiki in a production environment, this low-volume list is highly recommended. The archive is at:
- If you reply to a digest message, please remove the messages irrelevant to your reply before sending it back to the list.
- It's also helpful to change "Re: pmwiki-users Digest, Vol [...]" to "Re: [the original subject]" because some mail programs determine threads based on the subject.
- If you address a reply to a single list member, please take the [pmwiki-users] off the subject line, or it's possible for your message to get lost in the mailing list traffic. Many people filter list traffic to a separate mailbox.
- If you ask a question, you should disable "digest" mode, this way you'll receive the replies as soon as people post them, and you could follow-up. In digest mode you might receive the replies a week or two later.
Changing mail list settings
Here are some tips regarding changing the mailing list settings:
- Logging in...
- First go to http://www.pmichaud.com/mailman/listinfo/pmwiki-users(approve sites) and enter your e-mail address in the field at the bottom of the page, to the left of the button Unsubscribe or edit options.
- Next you need to enter your password. As you've probably forgotten this, use the button Remind at the bottom of the page to get a new password.
- Finally enter the password you should get momentarily via e-mail.
- You can directly go to the options web page through a URI such as the following:
<user>is everything before the
@in an e-mail address, and
<domain>is everything after ( For those who wonder, the
%40in the URI just stands for '
- You can also obtain various help by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with the text
helpin either the subject or the body.
You may be interested, that the lists are also accessible as newsgroups.
The NNTP server is:
- news.gmane.org (approve sites)
The groups are: